Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Wanted: Female single or married between the ages of 50-65 that is interested in adopting a 30 yo daughter. Needs to be patient and kind and understanding and to be a great listener, full of loving motherly advice and willing to dispense it. No financial contributions necessary just emotional. I think that I would be a great daughter.....Plus you get a wonderful son in law and two adorable grandsons to boot.

I have had it with my mother. I think after many, many years of dealing with her that I am ready to let go of my foolish dreams of her being what I would consider a 'good mother.'
I overheard her tell someone this weekend that she didn't care what I asked her to do or not to do. That what I said didn't matter and that she would do as she pleased. All I have asked from her is that she call before coming to our house especially if it is early in the morning or around dinner time. I don't think its too much to ask. But I guess I know down in my heart of hearts that this is just a symptom of the true problem. And that is she just has no respect for me. And I have decided after 30 yrs that I am not putting up with it any longer. She can go walk all over someone else because I give. Sometimes it takes me a while to get it.... but I see it all very clearly now.


1 comment:

Pirate said...

i concur mothers can be a pain in the ass.