Sunday, March 12, 2006

Is there anything chocolate can't fix?

Well it finally happened. My little Banimal has been a wild one since he was in the womb. He is a little daredevil. And yesterday he finally got hurt. He has had bruises and bang ups but nothing to make note of. But yesterday he was climbing around on the neighbors picnic table and fell between the table and the seat and caught his mouth on the table. He didn't cry much, but he split his lip. There was blood everywhere. I think he was more upset about the blood being on his clothes than he was the pain of actually getting hurt. He has a nice fat lip today and a tooth that is really sore. I don't think its loose. Hopefully it won't give him any trouble. I am going to give him a week and if its still bugging him I'll call a pediatric dentist and get them to take a look.

I handled it pretty well. Its hard to see your baby hurting, but I stayed calm. I felt like screaming and crying but I kept it all inside. After it was all over I felt like I could use a valium. But I just settled for a Dove chocolate truffle egg. Is there anything a little chocolate can't fix?

3 comments:

4evergapeach said...

When we first moved here I didn't bother getting a family physician for my kids, they just became regulars at the ER! Broken bones, stitches, concussions. You name it. Bloody lips are always bad, they bleed a lot worse that they really are. Good for you on keeping your cool. It's so hard to do when our little ones are hurt. Sounds like it won't be the last time for you though! LOL :)

Cheryl said...

That's so scary! How's he doing?

Pirate said...

if the accidents finally catch up with him you may become a regular at the ER