Friday, March 03, 2006

Normal day

Normal day...
Let me be aware of the treasure you are.
Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart.
Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow.
Let me hold you while I may,
For it may not always be so.
One day I shall want more than all the world your return.

Mary Jean Iron

Sometimes I get caught up in looking ahead too much and not just enjoying where I am. This quote helps me to remember to just savor the moment. I guess the monotony of day to day makes me wish sometimes that I had some excitement. Changing diapers and picking up toys seems kind of boring day after day. But I just remind myself that when the boys are grown and gone that I will miss these uneventful days that we spent playing in the living room floor. These are 'the good ole days.'

2 comments:

Lori said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. :-)

I was a stay-at-home mom for 7 years and loved that part of my life. I was fortunate, once I started working, that both my children were in school and I had a job with flexibility and wonderful hours that allowed me to be home the same time that they were. Now that they are 14 and 16, I work at the same school they attend so our hours still match.

It's hard at times, being at home with little ones. I can tell you, though, that it does get easier in many ways and that their company gets more interesting and fun as the years go by. My teenagers are easy and fun and I know it's in part because of all the time we've spent together and the closeness we share.

Find other moms who are at home with their kids, too. It is a saving grace and a blessing to have others to row along beside you during these 'babyhood' days.

Pirate said...

you are right on with this one. there are days I look forward without all the hustle and bustle but in my heart I know it will be boring and sad when it calms down.

By the way your new picture is great. You have a very lucky husband.