Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Today I went outside as usual with my boys to play for a while before naptime. And we walked over to our big grassy field. The Banimal begs to go to the big field because there are huge piles of mulch to climb on and play in. So we went and played. It was a gorgeous day. Beautiful blue sky. No clouds.
Before we got ready to go back to the house we sat down in the grass to rest and the Banimal wanted me to lay down. It has been years since I have laid down in the grass. So to appease him I pulled up my hood and laid down. It was such a strange feeling. It was like seeing something you used to know. Visiting a place that you haven't seen in years. It was sort of familiar. It felt like it did when I was a kid.
The world is such a beautiful place. We run around in it so wrapped up in getting thru the day that we miss the best parts. I can't tell you the last time I felt as relaxed as I did laying there in the grass staring up at the big blue sky.
I am definately going to schedule in more sky staring time on my 'to do' list.

No comments: