Thursday, March 16, 2006

Supermom!!!!

I try not to compare myself to other people, but on occasion I catch myself, in true female fashion, dragging out a check list to see how I stack up against the competetion (other moms). Most of the time I feel I am about even with most of my friends. We all have strange little quirks and our house aren't immaculate all the time and we have a few extra pounds of baby fat to loose, but not much.

But there is one friend that we completely exclude when we do the checklist. She is SUPERMOM. She has four kids and a week and a half after giving birth to the last one by cesearian section she had the newborn and the toddler at McDonald's. I have only had two kids and after having the second, I didn't leave the house alone for months. And to add insult to injury.... she was wearing her pre-pregnancy jeans. UUUUUGGGGGHHHHHH@!!!!!!!! the nerve.

Her house is always clean. And her husband works alot of hours, so I find this even more amazing. I can never get anything accomplished when Mr Clean isn't here to watch the kids. I have conferred with other moms and we are convinced that she has a tiny migrant worker that lives in a closet and she only brings her out to clean and cook when no one is around (kind of like on Desperate Housewives.)

Mr Clean constantly teases me about her, because he knows how fascinated and perplexed I am by her. He tells me that when she is done with all her daily chores and she has put her 4 kids to bed she slips out of bed and into the bathroom and changes into her superhero costume and flies across the city saving people in distress. Well, all I have to say is come look at my kitchen. I am in distress....Come save me!!!!!

I really think she should write and book and enlighten the rest of us. I know there is some trick or magic to it. At least I hope there is. I am afraid the truth is something I am not going to like..... maybe... the reason she is so thin is because she works so hard all day and burns off what little calories she takes in. And with 4 kids under 6 she probably doesn't have time to eat very much. I like eating. I don't like working very hard...if I can help it..... I'll just hang on to the hope that its magic.

1 comment:

Trina said...

What a great post! LOL I think we all do that, and there is always someone that we think, "How do they do that?", even Supermom!

I always admire the kind of moms who enjoy their kids and dont worry about the petty things of life.