Monday, March 06, 2006

Gee, I feel old.

There is nothing like talking to teenager to make you feel old. I keep in touch with one of my cousin's daughters who is 16. And when I talk to her on the phone or email her sometimes I have these horrific realizations. I guess for the most part I don't really think of myself as any age in particular. But a part of me still feels like I did when I was a teenager. But when I talk to her I realize just how 'not a teenager' I am.

Its funny I can remember before my grandmother passed away she told me that she looked into the mirror everyday and thought 'who is this old woman staring back at me.' She said in her mind she still felt like she did in her late teens to early twenties. She said that her outsides didn't match how she felt inside. I guess I am starting to realize some of what she meant.

2 comments:

Pirate said...

I live with three teeagers so I have to stay relatively young.

as for you you look like you're 18 to 21 years old.

Perpetual Chocoholic said...

Are teenagers looking younger all the time now or is it just me?