Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Somebody just slap me

You know for a long time I have thought the things that I wrote about in the last post (God doesn't give you more than you can handle) but I had never actually written them down or said them out loud. Some how I just knew that if I ever was dumb enough to say how good my kids were out loud it would all come to a crashing halt. I was right. Obviously God must have read my post.
Almost immediately after clicking on publish my toddler got this kind of whine to his voice when he spoke. And a few days later he started pitching these toddler tantrums of epic proportions. Fits of screaming that would last for nearly 45 mins at a time over the fact his dad didn't properly kiss his elbows before he went to work or the fact that I wanted to brush his teeth once a day. He latches on to my leg and will not let go so the screaming follows me wherever I go. But I have to say, he does these fits only in the privacy of our home. My mother (She's a big outward appearances type of person. Who cares what the reality of your life is as long as everything looks pretty on the outside )would be so proud.
Then as if I wasn't already about to loose my mind with the tantrums, he also picked up a nasty little step throat bug and then some kind of croop (sp?) And the sweet little baby who never cries meanwhile got two teeth and is working on two more. So much for never crying.
So if my children ever do get back to their sweet little selves, I will NEVER say a word. I don't want to jinx myself.

No comments: