Monday, October 31, 2005

How many times!!!????

How many times can a 2 yr old change his mind about what he wants to be for Halloween? I'll tell ya!!! Six times and counting. Thankfully it is noon on Halloween day so hopefully there is an end in sight.

I will take full blame for this one though. I think I started this all...unintentionally...of course...by letting him always choose his clothes. You think at the time 'No big deal'. Then with Halloween coming up I thought I'll ask him what he wants to be and let him pick that too. It seems so simple when you are thinking about it.

So I asked him what he wanted to be. 'Woody', he says. You know, the little cowboy from TOY STORY. I think wow that is simple enough. So I go to the Disney sight and we are looking together. I am about to click on Woody and then he sees Buzz Lightyear. 'No, mom. I want to be Buzz.' So I think we'll just give this a few more days and I'll feel him out some more before we order.

Well, after a few days of talking to him. I decide that he does seem to favor Buzz more so I go ahead and order it. I don't tell him, because silly me thought I would make it a GREAT SURPRISE. Well, it was a surprise alright. The package was delivered several days later. The Banimal was asleep, so I thought I'd go lay it out on the couch so he would see it first thing when he woke up.

He came into the living room and stopped and looked at it and then looked at me with little to no emotion on his face and said, 'It is to big. Send it back.' I was shocked. I tried to coax him into just trying it on but he wasn't having it. All he would say is that it was too big.

I just couldn't believe it. And stupid me kept the stinking Buzz costume thinking maybe he would change his mind last minute. But I should have known. He is a kid that doesn't really care for toys and really done up type stuff.

So anyway. I asked him again what he wanted to be and he told me 'Nemo'. Then again a few days later and he told me 'Sully' from Monsters Inc. Then Saturday he told me that he just wanted to put on this bear mask that he has had for a year or so. So I said fine. Then good ole Grannie (do you sense the sarcasm) brought him a horse and cowboy hat and vest and the whole get-up on Sunday. He said that he wanted to wear that. You know what....okay.... that's fine with me....whatever....I give up.....white flag.

This morning I tried to get him to wear it and all I could get on him was jeans and a shirt. I am a tired, weary mother. So I took him on in what he was wearing. I remembered Mr. Clean's wise advise, 'Just go with the flow.' And when people asked me what he was..... I simply told them that he was a cowboy without a hat, without a vest, and without a horse.

Happy stinking HALLOWEEEN!!!!!!

4 comments:

Deb said...

Wow, this oddly reminds me of how I am getting dressed in the morning...kinda ironic!

Kids are cute! So many different characters to choose from!

Cute post!

Pirate said...

I'd rather be Buzz with a woody or Woody with a buzz. Happy Halloween.

Mountaingirl said...

Very funny, Pirate. I never even thought of those names that way.

Harleys said...

Ahh - we never did Trick or Treating. Instead, we rent a movie and get pizza - it's movie night. After reading your post, I'm reassured that I have made the sane decision. Thanx