Sunday, October 16, 2005

I hate high heel shoes!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't use the word "hate" very much. It is a very strong word, but I feel that it is totally appropriate when talking about my feelings on the subject of high heels. Today I come to the conclusion that a man definately evented them, because they are so excrutiatingly painful. A woman would never cause herself that kind of pain on purpose.

I haven't worn any in about 8 mos or so. During the summer I usually sport a pair of flip-flops or Teva's. I guess it had been so long since I had worn a pair that I had forgotten really what they were like.

I got up this morning to get ready for church and decided that since I had bought a new outfit last week that I would wear it. (A new outfit is a pretty big deal for me, because I hate shopping for clothes. So I don't do it that often.) I bought a dressy pair of pants and a button up shirt. The shirt was a pretty orange shade, so I was thinking about how appropriate that would be since its fall.

Well, I got all my clothes on and realized that my pants were a little long. So I immediately thought of the brown high heel boots I had tucked away in the back of my closet. I have also been watching way too much WHAT NOT TO WEAR on TLC, so I automatically started thinking about how much skinnier I would look with the extra height. That was particularly alluring since I haven't quiet lossed my baby-fat after Pteradactyl boy.

I put on the boots and admired myself in the mirror for a few minutes and then off I went to church. My feet were hurting before I ever got in the doors. At first it was a little pinching discomfort... No big deal... I can handle that. But then by the time we were eating lunch after church it had turned into more of a burning/aching sort of feeling. Then Mr. Clean reminded me that we needed to stop at the grocery store on the way home. So after another 45 minutes in the store it had turned into a horrible stabbing pain. My feet were screaming for relief. I talked my husband into finishing the shopping trip alone and letting me go to the car with the kids. By the time I was leaving the store I was limping and wincing.

Its been several hours now since I have taken those boots off. And my feet still haven't recovered. God bless all you ladies that wear high heels all day at work. I would never make it.

No comments: