Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Mouse, mouse go away.

I live in the country and I have a huge field near my house. Every year when it starts to turn cold the teeny tiny little field mice come into my house seeking refuge from the cold... and food from the cabinets. This poses such a moral delimma for me and Mr Clean.

We are both animal lovers. Unlike alot of the men I know, my dear Mr Clean does not desire to be a great white hunter. All of our friends and relatives that are male pretty much kill everything the law allows them (which is fine for them). But we aren't like that.

Now, back to the mouse, or mice I should say. If they were ugly disease carrying city rats it would be no problem to snuff them out. But they are these insy-winsy, furry brown little things. Most of them are no bigger than a golf ball. They have these adorable little pink ears and these shiny little black eyes. They look like they should be a pet for someone.

Unfortunately for them I have two little boys in the house who spend most of the day crawling, rolling, and scooting across the floor. And I cannot bear the thoughts of my kids being where little mice have been. Or the little suckers getting into my cupboards and into my food.... so they gotta go.

I don't take any joy in this, but that's the way its gotta be. The upside to this is that my Mr Clean and I have a pretty traditional marriage. So killing little furry critters that are in our house clearly falls under his jurisdiction. tee-hee-hee. I can sleep good at night knowing that there will be no more little mice in the house and that I was not the one that had to snuff out the little boogers.

4 comments:

thewriterslife said...

LOL, I gottem, too. Hate the little buggers...I used to have one as a pet as a child; boy I must have been hard up for pets, but now when I see the little droppings, I bait my traps. ;o)

Jamie Dawn said...

We lived on a ranch near Modesto, CA for fifteen years, and we had a terrible problem with mice.
After awhile, I had no problems killing them. I set traps, sprinkled D-con under the mobile home, and I even had to kill a batch of tiny babies whose eyes were still closed. They never saw it coming!

Pirate said...

We live next to a big field and every winter our garage becomes a war zone in killing these little boogers. I hate to kill them but its us or them.

Cheryl said...

And HOW are you going to kill the little buggers? I always wonder the best way to get rid of them.

In my community, we have problems with rats, which are HUGE and not cute. And disgusting to get rid of. Thank God I haven't gotten them in my place.