Friday, November 11, 2005

The Mousacre

Yesterday was a dark day in the Mountain girl house. I kept smelling something and it wasn't good. I kept trying to tell myself that it was just a dirty diaper that someone had tossed in the kitchen garbage, but down deep I knew that was not the case. So yesterday I asked Mr Clean to take all the canned food out of the lower pantry, because that was where the smell was coming from. There was no way I could do it.

After moving just a few cans we found our first victim. He was still fresh so we knew that we were going to have to go deeper. Sure enough, back in the deep, dark depths of the pantry there was the culprit.... in a flower vase I had stored there, no less. I decided that the flower vase wasn't worth the effort so we tossed the vase, mouse and all.

I reorganized the pantry and cloroxed everything including the outsides of the the cans. And while we were doing all this we decided to pull the fridge out to make sure that there wasn't one under there. Well, we pulled it out and sure enough there was one, but he was alive. At least for the time being. After we cleaned under the fridge we started to scoot it back and the mouse didn't run as fast as we were pushing the fridge so.... you guessed it. He bit the dust and the Banimal came in just in time to see the carnage. It was pretty disgusting. I will start saving for therapy for him now.

From now on I think we will use only traps under the house. No more poison. I can't take another round of that. I felt like I couldn't bathe enough after all that. I don't know why I am such a weiney when it comes to all that, but thank God for my husband. There is no way I could have done his job. I was freaked out just watching and cleaning up. I hope and pray that no more mice come in.

4 comments:

thewriterslife said...

I'm all for traps. I have poison somewhere where the animals won't get at it, but I don't like it even being there. Wonder if there's some kind of natural mouse repellent on the market? Wouldn't that be the coolest thing? One spray and it whisks those rodent problems away! Don't even ask about the baby snake skin we found in the back of our silverwear drawer. ;o)

Pirate said...

You murderers. What is PETA going to say?

Harleys said...

I remember the day we found a mouse under my mom's couch - yuck. Those memories don't fade fast enough.

jon said...

If you don't mind a few holes, a shotgun is fun to use on them!