Thursday, November 17, 2005

Just some random things that bug me

Directional poop.... I have a baby that can have poop all in his clothes, his carseat, on his back, in his hair but not have one drop in his diaper. Please tell me how does poop manage to come out of a kids butt and miss the diaper on his butt completely.

Quaker oats..... Why in the world does Quaker not give you 5 strawberry and 5 peach in the box. They give you six peach and four strawberry. It seems reasonable to me that if you buy a box with only two flavors that there would be an equal amount of each in the box. Who are they kidding... its not even like there is any real fruit. Most of that stuff is apples that are flavored to taste like strawberries and peaches. How much more could strawberry flavoring cost.

The reason I even care about this is that I have a toddler that loves strawberry oatmeal. I really wish they would save me a lot of trouble and make just a box of strawberry.

Traffic lights.... Our town just got a whole new traffic system. I am sure cost more money than I would care to know. Two things bug me about it. First, there are these big, black poles with arms that the lights hang on which that in its self is no problem. But the whole deal is that they are supposed to be more appealing to look at ( you know the whole tourist thing. Lights on wires aren't as cute?) But any who..... The thing is there are still power lines running everywhere. So now we have these monsterous poles and tons of wires.

Secondly, you'd think that a new computerized system would help traffic to move along...but you would be very, very wrong. Where there were no problems, there are now. And where there were short little waits now there are really long waits. I thought this morning that there was a wreck or something ahead of me, but it was just the poorly timed lights.

Sorry for the complaining... It won't happen next time.

3 comments:

Pirate said...

They are messing with you. They are sitting at HQ switching the lights and having a laugh on you because your kid pooped in his car seat.
\
I wrote a post on the first Traffic Light once. Check it out and let me know if it sounds familiar to a mountain girl.

Cheryl said...

Complain. That's what blogs are for!

thewriterslife said...

Omg...traffic lights. Got all night? Just stopping by and saying howdie, Mountain Girl!