Sunday, November 13, 2005

A few funny stories involving the Banimal

We gave my first born son the nickname 'the Banimal' when he was a tiny little baby, mainly because of all the funny animal-like noises he would make. Banimal is part baby, part animal. Little did we know how well it would suit him on into his toddler years.

Friday morning I got in the shower and about half way thru I heard the bathroom door open and the pitter patter of Banimal feet. I asked him if he was okay and he said "yes" and I asked him if he needed anything and he said "no". He was really quiet while he was in the bathroom.... and quiet is not a good thing at our house. When he gets quiet I start looking cause something is going down.

Anyway... I get out of the shower and I realize that I don't hear him so I go in the living room. He is sitting in the floor with something square looking held up to his mouth. Upon closer inspection I realize that it is my birth control pack. He had eaten two already and was trying to gnaw his way thru to another. I guess we want have to worry about any unplanned pregnancy, huh?

Saturday, I was in the home office and he came to the door and told me 'Mom, I peed in the other potty.' He has been potty trained for a few months now, so I said 'that's good. You peed in your potty.' Then he corrected me, 'NO, the other potty.' So I assumed that he had went to the big toilet. So I said, ' That's great. You peed in the big toilet like dad.' and again he said, 'No, the other potty.' Then I got a little worried, because there is no 'other potty' in our house. So I asked him to show me where. Well, to my great surprise and dismay he had urinated in a veggie steamer. I had put it on the floor next to the door because the neighbor wanted to use it.

I cleaned it and cloroxed it and later that evening while I was cooking dinner he went over and started playing with the timer on the veggie steamer. In a few minutes he came over to me and held up his hands and handed me a pretend bowl. I asked him what was in my pretend bowl and he looked at me with a huge grin on his face and said, "Pee soup."

Life with the Banimal is never boring. If I can remove myself from being so 'Mom' most of the things he does are really funny. He is my comic relief. He is a true boy thru and thru. He giggles when he passes gas and burps. He thinks its hillarious when I burp. He likes bugs, worms, and dirt. He likes to inspect his poop. Anything gross he thinks is great.

I have had to learn to loosen up especially since he has a brother that's two years younger. There is no end in sight. I am outnumbered. So I figure if you can't beat em, join em.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Oh my goodness. The vegetable steamer? HaHAAAAAAAAAAA! They are a never-ending source of entertainment, and it just gets better & better.

Pirate said...

It continues believe me. Now if I am ever over I will turn down the veggies.

Thanks to him you may have another if he keeps eating the no baby pills.