Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Well, the election is over...

It's finally over... for good or for bad... I am not so sure yet. I hope everyone got out there and let their voice be heard. I am a firm believer in voting.... you can't sit around and complain if you don't . And while I don't like to complain in general... politics and government just bring it out in me.

This year I felt more than ever a nagging sense of doom as I went into the voting booth. I am conservative for the most part but I don't really consider myself a republican. However, the idea of Nancy Pelosi coming to 'power' makes me more comfortable than ever with the title of 'republican.' But anyway... this year I had to make a tough decision between Heath Shuler, an unknown enitity and democrat, and Charles Taylor, the most corrupt man in congress. I have always kind of known about the allegations, but this year they were more in my face. So reluctantly I voted for Shuler. I felt kind of guilty afterwards... but my husband relieved my guilt. Since he voted for Taylor, he basically cancelled me out. I guess my guilt for voting against him came from the fact that he has done so much for the veterans in our area and the fact that he had seniority. Oh well, Shuler won so now we get to see what he is all about.

I was happy to see that alot of the democratic candidates that won were more moderate than they have been the last few years. I was also excited to see an independent win (Joe Leberman). I was not so happy, as I stated earlier, about Nancy Pelosi. And Hilary Clinton winning again didn't make me feel warm and fuzzy. To me those women are just examples of people who are just driven by their own political motives with no heart or concern for the people they serve. Well, I guess that really discribes 99.9% of the people in government. ooops. I am all for a woman president, even possibly a democratic woman president, but not Hilary.

My prayer and hope for the 2008 election is that all the good candidates that have been trying to decide whether or not to run will miraculously come out of the woodwork. And that there will be people that I look foward to voting for. I am so tired of choosing the lesser of two evils.

No comments: