Monday, November 06, 2006

Chrismas is coming...

If you don't believe me... just look at your local Walmart. They tore down the Halloween stuff on Halloween day and started putting up Christmas things. I am not sure what ever happened to Thanksgiving. You know that pesky little holiday meant for giving thanks. I guess telling God you are thankful doesn't require Walmart so they just move right on to the big daddy shopping holiday.

I found this quote that pertains to Christmas....

One response was given by the innkeeper when Mary and Joseph wanted to find
a room where the Child could be born. The innkeeper was not hostile; he was not
opposed to them, but his inn was crowded; his hands were full; his mind was
preoccupied. This is the answer that millions are giving today. Like a
Bethlehem innkeeper, they cannot find room for Christ. All the
accommodations in their hearts are already taken up by other crowding
interests. Their response is not atheism. It is not defiance. It is preoccupation
and the feeling of being able to get on reasonably well without Christianity.

Billy Graham

Here is hoping that Jesus finds room in my inn this year. I love every part of Christmas, t
he true meaning, as well, the Santa part. But every year I try a little harder to make sure that the true meaning isn't shoved aside for the Santa part and all the parties and shopping.

It is sometimes hard to make that commitment to seek and find God on a daily basis and then you throw in a thousand other distractions in and it seems almost impossible. But, man is He worth it. To feel God's love and peace in the middle of the insanity is ssooo worth it. And in a season of thankfulness and gift giving how could we forget to be thankful for the greatest gift ever given.

1 comment:

thewriterslife said...

Happens every year, too. Walmart is only out to get a buck, well, hate to break it to them but my buck is going to have to be stretched a loooooong way this year. Thanksgiving was always one of my favorite holidays, so even though Walmart doesn't care, I do, and I'll be hunkered down, cooking the feast for a king and giving thanks for everything in my life right now.