Monday, November 13, 2006

gotta pee?

A couple of days ago I took the kids to town to run some errands. We had been on the go all morning long and I really had not given much thought to the fact that the Banimal had not gone to the bathroom ALL morning long. (Even though I strive to be SUPER MOM, I am far from it) We were loading the groceries in the car and getting ready to head home when the Banimal started doing the pee-dance. You know, hopping back and forth from one foot to the other and yelling in a whiney tone of voice....'MMMMMOOOOOMMMMM, I've gotta ppppeeeeeee!!!'

Okay, okay, I get it. I knew he was in critical condition and time was limited. I turned around to unfasten Pterydactyl boy and take him out of his carseat. I knew we were going to have to haul it to make it all the way to the back of the grocery store where the bathrooms were located. When I got him out and looked back at the Banimal, he already had his pants around his ankles and his little willey was shining for the world to see.

I calmed down and thought, 'okay.. this isn't that bad... he is just a little boy... no big deal...' But just as I was thinking 'no big deal' he started to pee.... unfortunately we were parked right next to the buggy drop off and the Banimal was whizzing all over the buggies. Due to the fact that he had held it ALL morning, he had quite a little stream going. So he was able to wet both lines of buggies.

There were a couple of little old ladies staring with their mouths wide open. I was just standing there like an idiot holding Pteradactyl boy. What could I do at that point? The damage was done.

I learned several things that morning that I don't intend to forget.
1. No matter what is going on..... always ask the Banimal if he needs to pee every hour on the hour when we are out.
2. Always wipe down the grocery cart with the antibacterial wipes provided at the store.
3. Even though I will wipe the buggy down.... I will always put my produce in a bag before putting it in the buggy.

No comments: