Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Well, another Christmas is over now. I don't really enjoy the next few months in general. The month of November you have Thanksgiving to look foward to and you still have some fall color and December you have all the parties and get togethers and Christmas festivities and then after New Year's Eve, you are kind of slapped in the face with the reality of winter. No leaves, just gray and cold. The fact that it gets dark so early is another bummer.

I trudge thru January, February, and March and then about April there is a glimmer of hope. Usually we will get some warm days and you know the end is near. I am an outdoors type person and so are my kids, so we don't really do well with soggy, cold winter days.

But enough complaining about cold weather.... We had a great Christmas. I like all the traditions that go with Christmas. I had fun reading the "baby Jesus story" to the Banimal. It was more fun this year because he can communicate better and can understand the story. I also had fun making and eating tons of cookies with him. And I can't leave out watching all those old clay mation Rudolph movies.

This year was also the first year the Banimal has been able to understand Santa. I have debated about doing the santa thing, but I am glad I did. When he saw the crumbs on the plate and the half empty milk glass his mouth hit the floor. He didn't even notice the presents.

I was also so pleased with how he handled it all. My Christmas present was seeing him be so appreciative of everything he got and saying 'Thank you' without being prompted. As a mom, those moments are what I enjoy most. About two weeks ago he blurted out the blessing we say before meals on his own. I was surprised and pleased. Now he insists on saying it. And of course, I just radiate when he does.

Little Pteradactyl boy had no clue about any of it. He is so laid back anyway. He never blinked an eye at any of the presents or the lights. He was fascinated with ornaments. He is only 8 mos. Next year he'll be able to get into it all more.

I have had bronchitis and my father in law had a stroke on Christmas day (but is doing well). So I have been neglecting my blogger duties. But I am planning to start back full steam New Year's Day. I have missed keeping up with all my blogging buddies. I have noticed that I wasn't the only one who got scarce during the holidays.

I hope everyone has a great New Year!!!!!!

2 comments:

Miss Cellania said...

When anyone asks me what my favorite season is, I say All of them, except January and February. The only thing that gets me through is seed catalogs and the fireplace!

Pirate said...

January 26 is the Pirate's birthday and we can atart a movement to make it a national holiday. Hell why not it'd be fun.