Thursday, December 22, 2005

The cat is out of the bag now.

We have asked the Banimal several times over the last few months what he wants for Christmas only to have him say, 'nothing' in response. I am convinced that he has some faulty wiring. God forgot to connect the toy-wanting wires. But anyway, we decided to get him a little 12 inch bicycle. So to pump him up every time we went to Wally World we would take him back and let him sit on it. So now he is pretty excited about the prospect.

Well, today I had the kids in the minivan headed to the grocery store and who should pull up next to us at the redlight.....why, it was Mr. Clean in his red dump truck. The Banimal was all excited. He was yelling and waving at his dad. And then he got quiet for a minute and then he screamed, "MOM LOOK LOOK LLLLLLOOOOOOKKKKKKK!!!!! There is my bicycle!!!!!" And sure enough sitting on the seat next to Mr. Clean was the bicycle.

I have tried to convince him that Mr. Clean was taking it to some poor, under priviledged child, but he is having no part of it. He just looks at me and smiles and says that he knows that its for him. He is way to smart for his on good. He is not even 3 yet. I should be able to make up a lame lie and have him believe it. But no...

So, I guess Santa made his stop at our house a little early this year. (He still doesn't get to ride it until Christmas... I am such a meanie.)

1 comment:

Harleys said...

Ah - the dilemma of how to get those large presents without the kids figuring it out. I have large packages for each of my three kids this year, and I'm procrastinating because I have no idea how to deal with hiding them. I pray all the time that they will still be in the store when I figure it out and go to the store to get them.