Tuesday, January 03, 2006

THE NEW YEAR.... a few days after the fact

I hope the fact the I am post New Year's resolutions three days after the fact is no indication of how my year is going to be. I was hoping to be a little more on the ball this year. Of course, I have hoped that for over a decade and nothing has really changed. I guess I might actually have to put some serious effort forth to do that. Oh well.

I have been thinking about what resolutions I am going to make. I guess I could really say anything because I am not good at keeping them. So I could just make up crazy stuff. But I will try to be practical and write down a few that I might actually keep.

1. To make both boys lay down by themselves and take a nap and actually do something I enjoy while they are sleeping. No housework.

2. To get in better shape and whittle off those pesky 10 lbs of baby weight. I hope to be at pre-baby weight by Pteradactyl boys first birthday in April.

3. To spend at least 3o mins three times a week at the piano. I should probably do more. But that is more realistic.

4. To write at least 2 posts a week on the blog.

5. To throw away all things that we do not use and declutter my house.

There I am done.

I have to say I am excited to see what 2006 has in store for me. 2005 was pretty good. We added sweet little Pteradactyl boy to the family and the Banimal potty trained. I actually got the Banimal to sit thru story time without having to physically restrain him. (I have been working on that one since he was 18 mos old.)We have had alot of get togethers with our friends this year. Other than the lack of sleep brought about by having a newborn in the house the year has been great.

2 comments:

Pirate said...

Those are all attainable. pending time for yourself and playing the piano will make it a better world for all of us as well. Good luck cuz.

Cheryl said...

Woohoo! You can do it.