Tuesday, January 10, 2006

The bachelor in Paris... gimme a break

I was surprised to see another season of The Bachelor. I keep thinking...how long can this go on. But I guess I should be glad. It gives Mr. Clean and myself something to make fun of.

I think the whole Paris thing is so overrated. Paris... the most romantic city in the world. Who says? Don't even get me started on the french. But anywho... They kept showing all these clips of catty women in histerics and then they flash back to a picture of the Eiffel Tower. My bet is that one of the final 4 climbs to the top and threatens to throw herself to her death if Dr. Travis doesn't pick her.

I love the way that they try to pump you up about how romantic the show is. I just don't see anything romantic about 24 (some intellegent and some not so) women chasing one guy around begging him to pick them. And just think if you make it to the end what you have. A guy that has been kissing and making out with multiple other girls just as hot and heavy as he has been with you. Maybe I am old fashioned but being in a contest with other women for a guy is just not that appealing. They should change the name from Bachelor to The Gigalo.

Just think if you marry and have kids what kind of story that will make for your kids. "Yeah, your mom and 24 other gals were lined up like cattle and I picked her. She had good teeth and breeding hips. Lucky her. It could just as easily been Muffy the blonde accountant from Little Rock. But your mom put on her game face and pulled it off in the end."

And there was the most pitiful gal ever on there last night. She was a doctor and she went up and told the dude first thing that 'she was in the reproductive stage of her life. Her eggs were rotting.' Somebody please tell the girl... you never, ever, ever, ever, ever, under any circumstances tell a man you have just met that you want to have babies, that is unless you aren't interested in dating him and you just want to scare him off. The chic needed some serious therapy.

I guess I'll be tuning in from time to time to check out the cat fights. I am sure from the previews there are going to be plenty. I think the fact that they are all fighting for a potential husband that is a doctor makes it that much more intense.

5 comments:

oregoncelticlady said...

I just can't wait until the show gets slow and they bring back Dr. Phsycho-need-to-get-impregnated-right-here-on-this-couch!!! She was NUTS! I LOVED when she stomped back in, confronted him and demanded, "WHY didn't you like ME?" BAHAHAHAHA!!! LOVE this show and the serious mock-fest that it creates at our house!!! Oh, found you through pirate...come visit me anytime!

Joe The Artist said...

Hi - thanks for your comments on my Civil Discussions. I left a brief response, and thank you kindly. Best wishes to you and your lovely family.

Harleys said...

HAHA - I agree - there is nothing romantic about the whole 24 women after one man thing. But you won't really have to tell the kids about it - they'll be able to watch it all on DVD.

Cheryl said...

I am SO with you on this review of the show. You put it all so very, very well.

oregoncelticlady said...

We LOVE this show...what is better than sitting around with the girls, drinking what ever and mocking a bunch of idiot women! "I just met him three hours/days/weeks ago and I will die, die, DIE if he doesn't LOVE me and sends ME home!!! *sniff, *cry*, *SOB*
And how stupid are the men to not get how nasty some of the women are whent hey are with the other women...show the poor guys some footage, will ya!!! Oh, never mind...keep them stupid! Fun show!