Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Banimal turns 3

Well, I have had a ton of stuff going on here lately. I haven't posted at all. I have read some of my fave blogs, but not that often. I have really missed the blogging world.

My oldest son turned 3 this past week. My boys birthdays are always traumatic for me. I don't know why. It is so bittersweet to watch them grow. Part of me, a big part, just wants for them to stay babies forever. But it is so much fun to watch their personalities develop. The Banimal can talk really well now and its fun to hear his opinions and thoughts on life. (which he has a ton of.)

His strongest opinions have to do with my hair. He told me the other day that he liked my hair brown and that he did not like it blonde and that he prefered long hair to short. He also informed me that he liked it when I wore red. I am wondering what his career path might be. Who knows, he may grow up to be the fashion police.

He also told me that he married his dad when I was in his tummy. I just said that he speaks well, I never mentioned anything about his comprehension. We had been talking about when Mr Clean and I got married and how he came along about 9 mos later. He is very interested in marriage. He chases his 9 month old brother around with a white sheet trying to stick it over his head telling him that he is going to marry him. Needless to say, we are going to have to have a few more conversations about marriage and the rules that go with it. Like you can't marry your own brother. You gotta love a 3 year old.

3 comments:

thewriterslife said...

So glad to see you back, Mountain Girl! I've been slack on blogging myself but after the holidays, thank goodness, I got back in the swing of things. Your son is adorable!

Katrina said...

I am right with you on the birthday thing. It's so exciting for them and a little overwhelming for me to realize that another year is past--my son is about to turn three in two weeks, and my daughter will be seven this weekend. I love the people they're turning into, I just wish they wouldn't turn so fast!

Cheryl said...

That is so funny about the fashion police! My son is that way also. He's pestered me for 3 years to go blond again (and he's only 6) so I finally did it. And he keeps asking to pick out my work clothes, because apparently I just don't do it right.