Monday, September 05, 2005

In praise of the bald headed man

I first have to say that I am somewhat biased when it comes to this subject. My husband is a bald headed man. Having said that up front.... here goes....
I never really had any idea the things a bald headed man might have to deal with until I married my husband. In fact, I don't think I ever really gave being bald much thought until then.
Have you ever watched any of those sad little commercials where you see this poor bald man and the announcer guy comes on and says "Do you get passed up for promotions at work? Do you have a hard time finding and keeping a girlfriend? Well Its because you are bald!!!! Buy our amazing product to grow hair and everything in your life will turn around."
I feel bad. Because there are probably some poor little bald guys out there that buy into that crap. If those things are happening to you chances are you are probably terrible at your job and have no personality. Bald has nothing to do with it.
When I met my husband he was pretty much completely bald, so he went ahead and shaved his head like Mr Clean. I couldn't clean the bathroom without thinking about him.( by the way, shaving bald is a great idea. Because with the comb over the only person you are fooling into thinking you have hair is you.)
Having your head shaved also helps out with the ladies at church too. One day this older lady came down from the choir and told my husband that he looked like a little angel sitting out there in the audience. Well, knowing my husband as personally as I do, I am sure he is not an angel so I had to investigate. So the next week I went and stood in the choir to see if I could figure out what was going on. It didn't take long to see what was happening. My husband was setting right below one of the reccessed lights and the glare off his shiny head gave the appearance of a halo.
So to all you baldies.... buff your bald noggins til they shine and be proud . Those guys with hair ain't got nuthin' on you.

No comments: