Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Politics......

Yuck!!!! Man... what a depressing thought. I can't believe that it is election time.

Don't get me wrong... from a disconnected perspective I love politics. If I imagine that all of these less than stellar candidates will have no impact on my life... I love the whole process. But when I come back to reality and realize that one of these people will be making decision that will effect almost every area of my life.. that's when I get queezy.

From an unattached perspective the politicians antics and audacity is almost comical. They constantly change their views according to their audience.. .and in their minds they have no clue that anyone is really keeping track. They give these vague answers that really don't answer anything. And then you kick in all the personal stuff... the tabloid type news about them and its like a side show for your own personal entertainment and amusement.

BUT.... like I said, eventually reality comes crashing down on me and it hits me that in 10 months I am going to have to enter a voting both after alot of prayer and consideration and vote for one of these jokers. And then whoever the American public deems least likely to ruin us all will take office, eeeekkkk!!!! Its like a bad dream.

I am typically not a Democrat, but I will vote for whatever party I feel best represents me. So I'll start there.....

Hillary Clinton... The thought of that woman running our country runs cold shivers down my spine. Alot of people are under the impression that women will vote for her just because she is a woman. I think that is insulting. And most women I know don't really have any warm fuzzy feelings when it comes to her. I think that Bill was pretty low down in alot of ways, but I think he had alot of personality. Even though, he was far from perfect people could identify with him. Hillary has about as much personality as a Stepford wife.

Barack Obama.... Now even though I don't plan on voting for him I could sleep at night should he become President. I don't agree with alot of his ideas, but I feel that he is thoughtful and does want to make a better America. But on the downside.... I don't know if he has the kind of experience to make the cut. And then there is the fact that he isn't a good ole white boy. To me, it should not make a difference. And the PollyAnna side of me would like to think that most Americans would feel the same way... but I am not so sure that is the case. Sad to say.

Oh yeah... I can't forget my sort of fellow North Carolinian, John Edwards. He has nice hair.... well, that about concludes all I have to say about him. I just don't think he can get it done. Who knows, maybe he'll surprise me.

Then we have the republicans.....

Its even more sad....and I am one, so that is scary

Rudy Gulliani... I am not sure about him I think he would probably make a good vice-Pres. But I am just not sure about him being the man. His platform mainly seems to be playing on peoples sentiment from 9-11. I guess his actions during that time show that he is good under pressure... but the Pres has more to tackle than just terrorism... although that is pretty important.

Mitt Romney...I kind of like him, but I am not 100% sure that I could vote for him. I can't really get a feel for how everyone really feels about him being LDS. I have alot of Christian friends that believe that its a deal breaker. But living here in the Bible belt its hard to gauge how the rest of the country really feels about that. I have seen his nice looking family with him in their perfect pictures, but I haven't heard a whole lot about how he really feels about the big issues.

And then there is Fred Thompson... he could have went all the way, but now that the writer's strike is happening I think he is sunk. hheehhe!!!!!!! I think if he is going to do anything he is going to have to muster up a heck of a lot more enthusiasm than he has in the past few months. He might make an okay vp as well.

And how could I forget Mr. Huckabee. I am going to have to do a little more research before I make a comment on him. I am just not sure how I feel about him.

And then their is Ron Paul. I have to say ... I kind of like the guy... in a crazy, sort of demented way. He is really a liberatarian dressed up in Rep clothes. I am not sure if he thinks everyone has forgotten about his past go at it. I don't think he has a snow balls chance at being elected but I sure do like to muse about life under lib. rule. No IRS... No federal gov... it just brings a smile to my face..... oh wait... what was that I heard... oh man... it was reality knocking at my door. Okay, I am over the whole smiling thing.

Man, that is a depressing list. and I haven't even really began to think about state and local politcs...ugh.

But I can take heart, because I know that no matter what becomes of this whole political mess that the Lord is in control.

No comments: