Saturday, January 05, 2008

MORE POLITICS

I didn't watch much of the coverage on Iowa.... not that there wasn't enough. Every news channel is running their own little breakdown of what happened. I don't know that I really believe that it even matters that much what Iowa or New Hampshire or South Carolina... etc .... think. Those are just little fish bowls. I don't see how any of those states would come close to being representitive of the US as a whole.

Like I said in the previous post... I am not a democrat. But I do keep up with what is going on with our kooky counterparts. I still really think that Obama is the best of the bunch. I caught some snippets of his speeches and he is really gettng or he has a great speech writer... or both.

I can't wait to see what Hillary does over the next few weeks. She can see that Obama is a huge threat so I believe in true Hillary fashion she is going to show her fangs and go after him with negative attack ads. Which, in my opinion, is great, because it will sink her ship. Now from a purely republican stand point I hate to see her not get the nomination. I really think that if she is the dem nom that people will come out of the woodwork to vote against her which is great for the rep party.

I honestly don't know that I could sleep at night knowing that she is at the helm of the ship I am on. You know, its funny that I can't stand her now, because I used to just love her. Of course, at that time I was in college with no husband and no sons and I was a member of NOW (scary, huh?). My how things change.

As far as the rep. side of Iowa. There isn't much to say. One of the biggest contenders didn't even show up. So I don't know that what happened there even matters. Although, I did have one thought. I saw some footage of Huckabee jamming out on an electric guitar and it reminded me so much of another Governor of Arkansas that became President that played the saxophone. hhhhhmmmmm. Do you have to be musically inclined to get voted in to office there?

No comments: