Friday, March 14, 2008

Prayer

The one concern of the devil is to keep Christians from praying. He fears nothing from prayerless studies, prayerless work, and prayerless religion.

He laughs at our toil and mocks our wisdom,
But trembles when we pray.

---Samuel Chadwick

This quote reminds me that I can't do it on my own. Alot of times I let the busyness of life overtake me and I wonder why I live so defeated... duh... Its God that makes the difference not my vain effort. God has grown me so much over the past year or so. And the more He grows me the more I see how small and unimportant I am and how amazing and wonderful and sovereign and capable He is. I am beginning to understand Paul when he said... that God's strength is made perfect in our weakness. Our inability makes Gods ability that much more evident.

1 comment:

Live, Love, Laugh said...

WOW!! that is amazing, I just posted a post about my ability to change things is limited!! Great post!!