Sunday, November 25, 2007

The BIG 50!!!!

Mr Clean recently hit the BIG 50!!!! He seems to be taking in stride, but I expected nothing less. He is definately not deficient in the self esteem department. The kids have enjoyed running through the house yelling. "OH NO..... THE BIG 50!!!!" constantly. I think I may have had a hardest time with it .

The other day I was teasing him and said, "I don't know if I am okay with having a 50 year old husband. When I married you ... you were 45 and I guess I thought you would just remain that age forever."
And in true Mr Clean fashion he turned to me with a smirky little smile (that always means I am about to get zinged) and said, 'Yeah... when I married you ...you were a twenty something year old... Now you are 32 plus you have had two kids. Iimagine how I feel....." Bam... I shouldn't play with fire if I am not willing to get burned.

Normally that would be the point where I would get mad, huff, and then sulk all day, but I asked for that one... plain and simple.

However, I can't say that I completely let it go without a small measure of revenge. I thoroughly enjoyed making the call to the doctor's offce to set up his yearly check-up.....knowing that at age 50 every man needs to have a colonoscopy...... heehhheeee... we will see who gets the last laugh....

2 comments:

Live, Love, Laugh said...

lol! you made me laugh with this one! Has he gone yet?

Rhea said...

I'm not 50 yet but I had a colonoscopy this year, early. It was easy. Except for the preparation. Drinking yukky stuff the day before was murder!