Friday, February 03, 2006

Pediatrician sent a thank you note

Our pediatrician sent us a thank you note. They were able to purchase the rest of the building they were in and expand their office due, in part, to our generous donations...oh wait, I mean payments for office visits.

I think doctors are in a great position to create return business. When you take your kid to the office you have to sit for 30 mins to an hour in a waiting room swarming with coughing, hacking, snotty nosed kids just like yours. I am sure that if you weren't sick when you got there that you are when you leave.

I used to be a laid back mom when it came to germs. I didn't go crazy and make my son wash his hands constantly and I used to make fun of the mom's that would wipe the buggy down with the antibacterial wipes. But no more. I am joining them. I bought a purse sized box of wipes and three or four bottles of the waterless hand sanitizer. During our last doctor's visit, I think I made the Banimal wash his hands at least 4 times and forbid him to put his hands anywhere near his face until we left the building.

We will see if going over to the other side will help. Now I will be the mom that the other mom's are making fun of. oh well.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

The pediatrician I go to now has 2 separate waiting rooms--one for sick kids, one for well kids. I love it! We can go for a regular checkup, etc. without getting so many germs. I'm not a wipes mom, btw. But my son's teacher wipes everything down and makes them wipe their hands when they come in to class, and neither of us has been very sick this year. Perhaps there's a connection?